From: Peter Johanson <latexer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Blog GLEP
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 23:34:04
1 On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 07:23:40PM -0400, Jeremy Maitin-Shepard wrote:
2 > Joshua Brindle <method@g.o> writes:
3 >
4 > Okay, I wasn't aware of that, but I haven't actually visited
5 > gentoo-wiki.com either. Regardless of the state of that particular
6 > wiki, I think a wiki would simply be more useful than a weblog, since a
7 > wiki allows for greater flexibility generally. It might make sense to
8 > make parts of it or all of it writable only by developers. I think
9 > allowing users to modify parts of it would be advantageous though, since
10 > it would provide a better home for the sort of tutorials currently found
11 > in the forums.
12
13 We weren't talking about tutorials. The goal (as i saw it) was to
14 provide a means for people to 1) get a sense of who are developers
15 actually are. 2) get a medium for devs to discuss work they're doing.
16
17 I know 2) could fall under GWN, but what about when what a dev is doing
18 is something not ready for prime time, but just something they're
19 starting on, etc. Something more immediate than the "submit a story to
20 GWN, wait a week" stuff.
21
22 This is not to say that an official wifi is a bad idea, just that the
23 wifi idea seems fundamentally different from something along the lines
24 of planet.gnome.org.
25
26 -pete
29 > --
30 > Jeremy Maitin-Shepard
35 Peter Johanson
36 <latexer@g.o>
37
38 Key ID = 0x6EFA3917
39 Key fingerprint = A90A 2518 57B1 9D20 9B71 A2FF 8649 439B 6EFA 3917