From: Jeremy Maitin-Shepard <jbms@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Blog GLEP
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 23:24:34
1 Joshua Brindle <method@g.o> writes:
2
3 > [snip]
4
5 > Except this isn't an official wiki and therefore means nothing as far as
6 > official support. Additionally this is probably violating our trademarks
7 > (Gentoo name and logo) and has nothing in the disclaimer even saying who
8 > those trademarks belong to.
9
10 Okay, I wasn't aware of that, but I haven't actually visited
11 gentoo-wiki.com either. Regardless of the state of that particular
12 wiki, I think a wiki would simply be more useful than a weblog, since a
13 wiki allows for greater flexibility generally. It might make sense to
14 make parts of it or all of it writable only by developers. I think
15 allowing users to modify parts of it would be advantageous though, since
16 it would provide a better home for the sort of tutorials currently found
17 in the forums.
20 Jeremy Maitin-Shepard