From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ACCEPT_LICENSE revisited
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 21:35:30
1 On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 15:22:36 -0600 Mike Doty <kingtaco@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 | > On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 08:53:36 +0100 Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
5 | > wrote:
6 | > | Anyone interested in this feature should review the attached
7 | > | version. Unless there are major objections (or we find large
8 | > | problems in the implementation) this will be merged in one of the
9 | > | next portage releases (definitely not in 2.1.2 though).
10 | >
11 | > 133594 will need to be fixed before this is usable for most users.
12 | >
13 | I'm sure it's been talked about before, but the ability to group
14 | licenses would solve that. Just create a X.Org license group and add
15 | all the individual modular X licenses to it.
16
17 And then create a KDE licence group, and a Gnome licence group, and so
18 on? Remember that there are only a few X licences once you ignore
19 copyright line differences, just as there are only a few KDE licences
20 once you ignore copyright line differences.
23 Ciaran McCreesh
24 Mail : ciaranm at ciaranm.org
25 Web : http://ciaranm.org/
26 as-needed is broken : http://ciaranm.org/show_post.pl?post_id=13