From: Anatoly Shipitsin <norguhtar@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Resolve build time default editor dependency. (was: How get ebuild provider virtual/category.)
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 04:23:07
3 > No, it's not needed for fcron at all, and I already explained why in
4 > [1]. Progressing through [2-4] I thought the fcron issue might have
5 > been fixed, but the virtual/editor discussion had started by then and I
6 > decided I had nothing more to add. Again: fcron builds and works fine
7 > without at all setting ./configure --with-editor= and the ebuild should
8 > not set that option at all. Problem solved.
11 Without --with-editor fcrom configure get editor from enviroment parameter
12 EDITOR.
13 This is wrong see bug 149376.