From: Brad Laue <brad@××××××.com>
To: Benjamin Podszun <ben@××××××××××××××.de>
Cc: "Robin H.Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>, Brian Jackson <brian@××××.com>, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Performance once again..
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 22:17:05
1 On Sat, 2003-04-12 at 17:46, Benjamin Podszun wrote:
2
3 > You upgraded to Apache2? I guess (hope?) that you don't talk about
4 > production environments? I tried to use Apache2 with PHP twice and
5 > wouldn't recommend it to anyone.. It's just buggy and not usable. As my
6 > current Gentoo-Servers are.. *cough*
7
8 Hardware configuration? Amount of RAM? Number of CPU's? What specific
9 revision of gentoo-sources? Have you tried vanilla-sources or alan cox's
10 patchset? What configuration options had you given the Debian kernel and
11 do they differ from those you gave to Gentoo's kernel?
12
13 Have you tried 2.4.18 under Gentoo to see if it solves your problems?
14
15 This isn't a matter of Debian working and Gentoo not working; there's a
16 configuration difference between the two, that's all.
17
18 Brad
21 // -- http://www.BRAD-X.com/ -- //
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list