From: Anatoly Shipitsin <norguhtar@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Resolve build time default editor dependency. (was: How get ebuild provider virtual/category.)
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 06:20:33
1 > You mean I ought to go read the bug I referred to a few times in the
2 > message you are responding to? I did. In fact, I wrote a lot of the
3 > comments there. I am CC'd on that bug. I even recorded the original
4 > complaint on that bug stating that the ebuild should not rely on the
5 > environment to find a value for EDITOR. I might say I care about the
6 > issue. :)
9 Okey. I'm remove all get editor from runtime enviroment EDITOR and disable
10 --with-editor. The run emerge fcron. I'm got:
11
12 checking for vi... no
13 configure: error:
14 Cannot determine path to vi: try option --with-editor=PATH
15
16 But i'm can't get editor from runtime. How emerge obtain right editor ?
17
18 As I recorded on that bug, fcron's build system sets it to a default
19 > of /usr/bin/vi unless you set the --with-editor option. There's nothing
20 > wrong with that. It just means that running crontab will fail if you do
21 > not set EDITOR after it installs, which is what /etc/rc.conf sets to a
22 > system-wide default.
25 Can i'm use solution from sudo package ?
26
27 fcron *always* uses EDITOR from the environment when running crontab, no
28 > matter what you pass to --with-editor at configure time. Consider it a
29 > feature.
32 I'm know! If this broke at configure run without this :(
33
34 Anyway, all this is already documented on the bug you mentioned. I do
35 > not see any need to cover this ground again and again. A
36 > simple ./configure --help should really help you find out why not
37 > setting --with-editor fixes the problem I brought up on that bug, which
38 > then got turned into this huge kludge (virtual/editor) to fix a
39 > cosmetic problem, IMHO.
42 Remove --with-editor not fix it. For this it need set enviroment paramenter
43 EDITOR. How resolve this problem. I'm not get any solution.