From: Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Resolve build time default editor dependency. (was: How get ebuild provider virtual/category.)
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 19:24:29
1 On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 11:17:37 +0500
2 "Anatoly Shipitsin" <norguhtar@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Okey. I'm remove all get editor from runtime enviroment EDITOR and
5 > disable --with-editor. The run emerge fcron. I'm got:
6 >
7 > checking for vi... no
8 > configure: error:
9 > Cannot determine path to vi: try option --with-editor=PATH
10
11 Ah, so this happens when no package provides $(which vi)? Then we
12 should default to something that is universally available.
13
14 > But i'm can't get editor from runtime. How emerge obtain right
15 > editor ?
16
17 --with-editor=/bin/nano would do fine. I already CC'd bsd@ on the bug
18 to figure out if nano is part of their defaults, but it probably does
19 not matter because BSD does have $(which vi) AFAIK.
20
21 If this is really too much trouble we could perhaps have it default to
22 --with-editor="$(which less)"? ;-)
25 Kind regards,
26 JeR
27 --