From: Anatoly Shipitsin <norguhtar@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Resolve build time default editor dependency. (was: How get ebuild provider virtual/category.)
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 03:55:31
1 > Ah, so this happens when no package provides $(which vi)? Then we
2 > should default to something that is universally available.
5 Check fcron configure.in. Configure get editor from enviroment parameter
6 EDITOR it not set by default vi.
7
8 --with-editor=/bin/nano would do fine. I already CC'd bsd@ on the bug
9 > to figure out if nano is part of their defaults, but it probably does
10 > not matter because BSD does have $(which vi) AFAIK.
13 This solution used in sudo. But with fcron we need set DEPEND
14 app-editors/nano instead virtual/editor
15
16 If this is really too much trouble we could perhaps have it default to
17 > --with-editor="$(which less)"? ;-)
20 it's really much trouble. Without editor fcron ebuild will broken.