From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Local bindist descriptions
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 09:44:47
1 On Sun, 30 Dec 2012 15:15:25 +0100
2 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Sun, 30 Dec 2012 11:01:52 -0300
5 > Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o> wrote:
6 >
7 > > > Etc. ffmpeg is like the holy grail of local bindist descriptions.
8 > >
9 > > bindist does absolutely nothing by itself there. do you really want
10 > > a description like "Enforces license compatibility constraints" ?
11 > > I consider this a subset of the current bindist description. If you
12 > > don't then maybe the bindist description should be updated.
13 >
14 > Well, that's another problem we have there. I really like the ffmpeg
15 > idea of 'bindist' not doing anything by itself. If all packages did
16 > that, I would see no problem with having global meaningful 'bindist'.
17 >
18 > But if in some cases USE=bindist does something, then I believe ffmpeg
19 > should describe that it just 'enforces REQUIRED_USE contraints' with
20 > no hidden magic beneath.
21
22 Yep you're right, I guess in that case it's good to add such a
23 description.