From: Zhang Le <r0bertz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Re: [GLEP] Use EAPI-suffixed ebuilds (.ebuild-EAPI)
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 08:50:51
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 >> As long as there is an agreement in any given point of time, it is OK.
3 >> Such as, put your EAPI definition on the first line of your ebuild,
4 >> like EAPI="value"
5 >
6 > No good for package managers written before the agreement.
7
8 Why not force user to upgrade their PM?
9 After all, upgrading is part of our normal life.
10
11 Now I will try read portage to understand how the metadata generation process
12 works and try to make a doc of it.
13 So before that, I will probably be not so responsive.
16 Zhang Le, Robert
17 GPG key ID: 1E4E2973
18 Fingerprint: 0260 C902 B8F8 6506 6586 2B90 BC51 C808 1E4E 2973
19 --
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list