From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Maintainer needed: dev-libs/icu
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 19:46:03
1 On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 3:33 PM, Christoph Junghans <ottxor@g.o> wrote:
2 > 2012/10/29 Diego Elio Pettenò <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu>:
3 >> On 29/10/2012 10:37, Christoph Junghans wrote:
4 >>> If Arfrever keeps maintaining it for a while, I will take it.
5 >>
6 >> Do remember that whatever you commit, _You_ take responsibility for it.
7 >> After a screwup, the answer "I didn't do anything, I just committed what
8 >> Arfrever gave me" is not a good answer.
9 > Ok, I should have been more precise here. I will take it, but as I am
10 > new to the insides of icu, it will take me a bit to
11 > understand/fix/workaround it's issues and for that time having
12 > Arfrever will be more than useful.
15 Arfrever will probably continue to send patches, but we need someone
16 who can dig in deeper than I have been. Just make sure you verify and
17 test everything he sends you, and have someone with a tinderbox test
18 it on version bumps.
19
20 I'm also happy to help in whatever way I can, other than having my
21 name attached to it. :-)