From: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Maintainer needed: dev-libs/icu
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 20:19:51
1 On 10/29/2012 03:45 PM, Mike Gilbert wrote:
2 > On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 3:33 PM, Christoph Junghans<ottxor@g.o> wrote:
3 >> 2012/10/29 Diego Elio Pettenò<flameeyes@×××××××××.eu>:
4 >>> On 29/10/2012 10:37, Christoph Junghans wrote:
5 >>>> If Arfrever keeps maintaining it for a while, I will take it.
6 >>> Do remember that whatever you commit, _You_ take responsibility for it.
7 >>> After a screwup, the answer "I didn't do anything, I just committed what
8 >>> Arfrever gave me" is not a good answer.
9 >> Ok, I should have been more precise here. I will take it, but as I am
10 >> new to the insides of icu, it will take me a bit to
11 >> understand/fix/workaround it's issues and for that time having
12 >> Arfrever will be more than useful.
13 >>
14 > Arfrever will probably continue to send patches, but we need someone
15 > who can dig in deeper than I have been. Just make sure you verify and
16 > test everything he sends you, and have someone with a tinderbox test
17 > it on version bumps.
18 >
19 > I'm also happy to help in whatever way I can, other than having my
20 > name attached to it. :-)
24 I just generated the list of dependencies, 28 packages, see below.
25 Compile tests against each are easy enough. Run tests against
26 non-library packages are easy too. It would be harder to do an
27 exhaustive test against, say, dev-libs/boost because then we are a
28 couple of libraries levels deep. Not sure how deep is enough with this one.
29
30 # Reverse dependencies for dev-libs/icu
31 app-i18n/ibus-qt
32 app-office/libreoffice
33 # One of the following USE flag combinations is required:
34 # icu
35 x11-libs/qt-webkit
36 # One of the following USE flag combinations is required:
37 # icu
38 dev-libs/boost
39 # One of the following USE flag combinations is required:
40 # icu
41 app-text/sword
42 # One of the following USE flag combinations is required:
43 # icu
44 dev-libs/xerces-c
45 # One of the following USE flag combinations is required:
46 # icu
47 dev-db/sqlite
48 app-text/calibre
49 # One of the following USE flag combinations is required:
50 # intl
51 dev-lang/php
52 # One of the following USE flag combinations is required:
53 # calligra_features_kexi
54 app-office/calligra
55 net-libs/webkit-gtk
56 # One of the following USE flag combinations is required:
57 # unicode
58 media-libs/raptor
59 # One of the following USE flag combinations is required:
60 # icu
61 net-nds/openldap
62 # One of the following USE flag combinations is required:
63 # !dedicated,icu
64 games-simulation/openttd
65 # One of the following USE flag combinations is required:
66 # icu
67 x11-libs/qt-core
68 dev-tex/bibtexu
69 www-client/uzbl
70 # One of the following USE flag combinations is required:
71 # cxx
72 dev-libs/beecrypt
73 app-text/bibletime
74 # One of the following USE flag combinations is required:
75 # icu
76 app-accessibility/brltty
77 dev-db/firebird
78 # One of the following USE flag combinations is required:
79 # icu
80 gnustep-base/gnustep-base
81 # One of the following USE flag combinations is required:
82 # cjk
83 net-misc/suite3270
84 sys-apps/gptfdisk
85 www-client/chromium
86 # One of the following USE flag combinations is required:
87 # icu
88 dev-libs/libxml2
89 dev-db/couchdb
90 # One of the following USE flag combinations is required:
91 # icu
92 dev-libs/yaz
97 Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
98 Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
99 E-Mail : blueness@g.o
100 GnuPG FP : 8040 5A4D 8709 21B1 1A88 33CE 979C AF40 D045 5535
101 GnuPG ID : D0455535