From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for November
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 20:18:54
1 On Wednesday 08 November 2006 21:01, Kurt Lieber wrote:
2 > So, in other words, spammers aren't abusing anything related to SPF.
3 > They're sending mail using forged return-paths and SPF is highlighting
4 > that.  Which is exactly what SPF is designed to do.
5 I'm no mail expert, but I want something clarified because this whole thing
6 might as well be a non issue if it's as I understood it.
7
8 If I were to send my gentoo mail through a mail.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org, with
9 its own SPF record, (I'm not as this is not a "real" domain I have access to,
10 nor a mailserver for what it's worth), with a From: flameeyes@g.o and
11 a Sender: flameeyes@×××××××××××××××××××.org, would it be a PASS or a FAIL in
12 SPF?
15 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/
16 Gentoo/Alt lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, Sound, ALSA, PAM, KDE, CJK, Ruby ...