From: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Step on my toes, please.
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 15:27:25
1 On Wed, 30 Nov 2016 17:53:54 +0300 Andrew Savchenko wrote:
2 > On Thu, 3 Nov 2016 11:15:07 +0100 Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
3 [...]
4 > > (Sometimes it's even
5 > > me who's doing the touching!) My instinctive reaction is always,
6 > > "can't everybody calm down and be happy somebody is doing your work
7 > > for you?" The answer to this question is, of course, that it depends
8 > > who the developer is and how competent you are.
9 > >
10 > > So, nothing new here. I don't want to bikeshed about it. Business as usual.
11 > >
12 > > I thought I'd do something loose and informal to rectify the problem.
13 > > See my package-policy.txt on my developer space:
14 > >
15 > > http://dev.gentoo.org/~zx2c4/package-policy.txt
16 >
17 > It is likely that nobody will read this file. If you want to allow
18 > people to modify your stuff faster than the policy above says, put
19 > this somewhere in ebuilds as a comment. If you want to deny people
20 > to touch your stuff when they are within the rules, you can't do
21 > that (e.g. if you will go AWOL, your packages will still need care).
22
23 A field in metadata.xml was suggested in another thread [1]. Looks
24 like proper way to go.
25
26 [1] https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/message/fb62556cfad6b19739e071e4502a27ba
27