From: Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ATTENTION! Broken builds ahead
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 23:43:27
1 foser wrote: [Sat Nov 22 2003, 06:34:36PM EST]
2 > No, it's the same idea the other way around. As mentioned earlier : in
3 > most cases it was meant as a transition flag. Transition done ? Make the
4 > stable and maintained UI default. One gtk flag to own them all.
5
6 Btw, I would be okay with this (removing the gtk2 flag and switching to
7 gtk only) except that it would mean the introduction of a local USE-flag
8 into lots of ebuilds to control whether to build with gtk1 or gtk2 (for
9 example gvim). Since I think there would be a few ebuilds in that
10 position, it makes sense to keep gtk2 as a global flag which is on by
11 default.
12
13 Aron
16 Aron Griffis
17 Gentoo Linux Developer (alpha / ia64 / ruby / vim)
18 Key fingerprint = E3B6 8734 C2D6 B5E5 AE76 FB3A 26B1 C5E3 2010 4EB0