From: Zhang Le <r0bertz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: EAPI definition Was: [gentoo-dev] [GLEP] Use EAPI-suffixed ebuilds (.ebuild-EAPI)
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 04:16:21
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 11:23:08 +0800
3 > Zhang Le <r0bertz@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> I really don't see the necessity to have so many EAPI's
6 >
7 > A new EAPI is needed for new features, so new EAPIs will be needed in
8 > the future. Equally, migrating the whole tree at once to newer EAPIs is
9 > a) a lot of unnecessary work, and b) unnecessarily irritating to people
10 > using older package managers.
11
12 I think we should first decide on how EAPI works.
13 This is also a prerequisite for this glep to be further discussed.
14 Just because we need a new feature, then we produce a new EAPI?
15 I think that is not feasible, and will confuse developers.
18 >> especially PM specific EAPI. We can't have PM specific EAPI,
19 >> otherwise we are risking forking/splitting ourself.
20 >
21 > Package manager EAPIs don't belong in the main tree, but they have uses
22 > outside of it.
23
24 Then would you please introduce how paludis-1 EAPI differs from official EAPI's?
27 Zhang Le, Robert
28 GPG key ID: 1E4E2973
29 Fingerprint: 0260 C902 B8F8 6506 6586 2B90 BC51 C808 1E4E 2973
30 --
31 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list