From: "Jason A. Donenfeld" <zx2c4@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] LibreSSL switch-over progress
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2015 15:29:08
1 Hi guys,
2
3 I've seen we now have a libressl USE flag, per the discussion in the
4 other thread. Horrah!
5
6 Last night I tried to enable that flag globally, and then reemerge
7 everything relevant. Unfortunately, I got some unresolvable blockers.
8 Presumably the reason is that some packages have the libressl USE
9 flag, while others don't have it. I assume there are developers hard
10 at work adding the flag to each and every package.
11
12 The reason for this post is: how do I know when to try switching over
13 again? Can the folks involved with the flagging operation agree to
14 make a blog post or a mailing list post when it's all done? This would
15 probably be quite nice for users too. In fact, I wouldn't mind a
16 portage news item about this.
17
18 Jason
21 Jason A. Donenfeld
22 Gentoo Linux Security & Infrastructure
23 zx2c4@g.o
24 www.zx2c4.com
25 zx2c4.com/keys/A28BEDE08F1744E16037514806C4536755758000.asc