From: Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] RFC: addition of virtual/fonts package
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 03:05:14
1 I'm thinking that a virtual/fonts package would be a good addition to
2 the tree. We have hit this issue in Gentoo Prefix where any font package
3 would satisfy a dependency. I also have an open bug where a package
4 depends on corefonts but the reporter has stated that another fonts
5 package will work. Frankly, I would rather *not* depend on the
6 proprietary M$ fonts, myself. So my proposal would be to make every
7 fonts package satisfy some virtual and then other packages can depend on
8 that virtual to satisfy the need for *some* fonts. I just don't have a
9 game plan for the best way to do it.
10
11 Do you people agree that this could be useful?
12 Does anyone have a suggestion for the best way to get it done?
13
14 Thanks for reading!
15 -Jeremy