From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] avoiding urgent stabilizations
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 17:46:56
1 We've been discussing this @FOSDEM too. My suggestion was that any bug that
2 visibly hurts stable users should always be considered at least MAJOR in
3 bugzilla.
4
5 To expand on this a bit more
6 * a stable update that makes the computer nonfunctional is definitely BLOCKER
7 (and should be reverted in CVS immediately when it becomes known, at latest
8 when it is understood, by anyone who is around at the time and can do so)
9 * a non-functional stable package in the system set should be CRITICAL.
10
11 Just my 2ct, but it is really important not to hurt stable users. This is how
12 we lose most people.
15 > I think that maybe we could have an even higher "priority" field called,
16 > for example, "Broken Stable" that should be *only* used for that cases
17 > and that arch teams should try fix sooner. What do you think?
21 Andreas K. Huettel
22 Gentoo Linux developer
23 dilfridge@g.o
24 http://www.akhuettel.de/