From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] ACCEPT_RESTRICT for questionable values of RESTRICT
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 20:04:08
1 On Wednesday 10 January 2007 19:03, Jakub Moc wrote:
2 > Mike Frysinger napsal(a):
3 > > On Wednesday 10 January 2007 09:34, Jakub Moc wrote:
4 > >> Huh? I was referring to this link [1] on Bug 161045 (which presumably
5 > >> started this whole debate)
6 > >
7 > > so you're replying to a non-gentoo-dev thread on a gentoo-dev thread when
8 > > the threads arent even closely related ? how does that make sense ?
9 > >
10 > > this thread has nothing to do with commercial packages
11 >
12 > No, it does not. And RESTRICT=sandbox is still completely unneeded,
13 > commercial packages or not... We don't need to introduce a special
14 > RESTRICT because of two borked packages in the tree and we should not
15 > introduce any more packages borked in a similar way into the tree.
16
17 I agree. The restrict should only be even considered when it is clear that the
18 sandbox is indeed flawed by concept and cannot be fixed.
19
20 Paul
23 Paul de Vrieze
24 Gentoo Developer