From: Panard <panard@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] emerge with interacitve use
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 23:33:12
1 Le Mardi 29 Avril 2003 22:12, Vano D a écrit :
2 | Hi Panard,
3 |
4 | How about adding a little functionality to the script so it keeps which
5 | USE vars the user chooses in a file like
6 | /var/db/pkg/app-editors/vim-6.1-r21/USECUSTOM (that would be for vim :)?
7 | I have checked the USE files but they all contain the complete $USE
8 | variable when the package was emerged. So maybe if you add the
9 | functionality so it adds a USECUSTOM file containing the USE vars the
10 | user has chosen interactively then you could have an option at the
11 | beginning of the interactive command asking:
12 |
13 | "Use previous USE flags for this package? (X gtk etc..) [Y/n]"
14 |
15 | If the user says Y, then you would extract the USE flags from USECUSTOM
16 | and use those.
17 |
18 | Also you could have a commandline option such as --usecustom or
19 | something like that, so if the user calls emerge-interactive with that
20 | flag it skips all questions and uses the previously kept USE flags.
21 |
22 | Of course this would only work if you only used emerge-interactive
23 | since emerge doesnt create any USECUSTOM files :) But I don't think this
24 | is a big problem. In any case if emerge-interactive doesn't find any
25 | CUSTOMFILE then it asks the users for USE flags just like now.
26 |
27 | This solves the scalibility problem and gives the user best of both
28 | worlds. What do you think?
29 |
30 | Regards.
34 Ok, I've apply theses changes (I join the emerge-interactive file) :
35
36 -> there is a /var/db/pkg/CATEG/PKG/USECUSTOM :
37 ask to use this file y or n :
38 y : we load the values of the file
39 n : we ask for the new values, when, (re-)create
40 /var/db/pkg/CATEG/PKG/USECUSTOM
41 -> no file we do exactly like if the user answer n to the previous question
45 Please test this script (I made some merge and it was working)
46
47 Thanks,
48
49 Panard
50 --
52 panard@×××××××.org http://www.inzenet.org
53
54 "Computers are like air-conditioners, they stop working properly when you open
55 Windows."

emerge-interactive.bz2 application/x-bzip2