From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] svn vs cvs
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 21:08:04
1 On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 15:28 -0500, Grant Goodyear wrote:
2 > One of the consequences of the management restructuring is that at some
3 > point stuff in gentoo/xml/htdocs/proj/en will probably move around. Of
4 > course, doing that in CVS is a royal pain. I'd love to see our gentoo
5 > tree migrate over to svn (not the portage tree, just gentoo!), but of
6 > course you folks are the major users of that tree. Has this been
7 > considered? This tree is still fairly large, so it might not yet be
8 > feasible w/ svn, but I don't know if anybody has tried.
9
10 The tree is ~250MB at this time. Both genkernel and catalyst are under
11 this tree, and I'm sure that we don't want to move either of these any
12 time soon.
15 Chris Gianelloni
17 Games - Developer
18 Gentoo Linux