From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Cc: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Correct uclibc profile to use?
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 12:55:39
1 On Tuesday 13 May 2008, Ed W wrote:
2 > Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 > > On Thursday 08 May 2008, Joe Lacombe wrote:
4 > >> <FONT face="Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif"
5 > >> size=2>
6 > >
7 > > i left my HTML eyeballs at home. please fix your e-mail client.
8 >
9 > You appear to be using KMail which supports html mail just fine...
10
11 which ive disabled so i dont have to deal with it. replies/quoting easily
12 break and destroy followups. all so people can force their preferred viewing
13 font on others.
14
15 > (For reference I run an ISP serving customers over a 2,400 baud
16 > satellite link which costs significant $$ per min - if anyone should
17 > care about compact email I would be up there - however, I do think this
18 > reluctance to accept HTML email is pretty old fashioned these days....
19 > OK, Next up, banning websites which don't work perfectly in links...)
20
21 if you want to make the argument on a non-technical list, go for it. open
22 source technical lists (such as this one) have all banned html. get with it
23 or dont post.
24 -mike