From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Correct uclibc profile to use?
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 16:12:29
1 On Wed, 2008-05-14 at 08:55 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 13 May 2008, Ed W wrote:
3 > > Mike Frysinger wrote:
4 > > > On Thursday 08 May 2008, Joe Lacombe wrote:
5 > > >> <FONT face="Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif"
6 > > >> size=2>
7 > > >
8 > > > i left my HTML eyeballs at home. please fix your e-mail client.
9 > >
10 > > You appear to be using KMail which supports html mail just fine...
11 >
12 > which ive disabled so i dont have to deal with it. replies/quoting easily
13 > break and destroy followups. all so people can force their preferred viewing
14 > font on others.
15 >
16 > > (For reference I run an ISP serving customers over a 2,400 baud
17 > > satellite link which costs significant $$ per min - if anyone should
18 > > care about compact email I would be up there - however, I do think this
19 > > reluctance to accept HTML email is pretty old fashioned these days....
20 > > OK, Next up, banning websites which don't work perfectly in links...)
21 >
22 > if you want to make the argument on a non-technical list, go for it. open
23 > source technical lists (such as this one) have all banned html. get with it
24 > or dont post.
25
26 When Robin returns from Hong Kong etc.. We should see what we can do
27 about having our mailing lists outright reject posts that are text/html.
28 It messes up archives and the likes.
32 gentoo-embedded@l.g.o mailing list