From: wireless <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Gentoo port to Arm's A9?
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 00:23:23
1 Heath Holcomb wrote:
2 > This is more a question as weather the kernel, tool chain, and the
3 > associated applications (glibc, gcc, busybox, etc...) needed for a
4 > complete embedded linux OS have been ported to the ARM architecture.
5 > For the most part linux is supported on the ARM architecture; I
6 > believe that ARM9 is very well supported.
7 >
8 > ARM9 -> ARM11 -> cortex A8 -> A9 is the architecture progression; at
9 > least I think it is. Please correct me if this is wrong.
10
11 OK,
14 I'll restate my original question.
17 Has anyone used gentoo or the embedded gentoo tool chain to build from
18 sources a linux kernel that runs on the brand new A9 chip? Is anyone
19 working on the A9?
20
21 Does anyone have any plans to use gentoo to build a working
22 A9 linux kernel?
23
24 The A9 is not an Arm9 chip, it's the latest processor in the
25 new line of Arm's multi processor line. Yes it has many similarities
26 to the Arm 9 as alluded to above. There is also a single core
27 version of the A9.
31 http://www.arm.com/products/CPUs/ARMCortex-A9_MPCore.html
32 --
33 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list