From: Christopher Friedt <chrisfriedt@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] pxa270 cflags?
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 04:56:39
1 Hi Martin,
2
3 Thanks for your reply
4
5 On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 5:33 PM, Martin Guy<martinwguy@×××××.com> wrote:
6 > Did you run into problems with cpu=iwmmxt?
7
8 cpu=iwmmxt works fine, aside from an oddity with one of the later
9 mplayer builds from gentoo - compiling by hand with
10 CFLAGS="-mcpu=iwmmxt" generates an mplayer with iwmmxt, but running
11 the ebuild makes the mplayer configure script somehow fail the iwmmxt
12 tests, even with the same cflags. It's no biggie though.
13
14 Incidentally, did you ever get into the OpenMoko hardware? It's
15 turning out to be a bit of a disappointment. KoolU really hasn't been
16 maintaining their Android port. I've tried OM2008,9, and SHR, and they
17 all seem to fall short of the potential of the device. IMHO it really
18 boils down to the Glamo nastiness. I'd really like to get involved
19 with designing a _good_ handset from the ground up, if only there was
20 some sort of monetary incentive.
21
22 I really think OM needs to buckle down if they're going to be
23 releasing a new model based on Samsung's 6410, and I mean including a
24 UI that makes a statement relative to the market. Really, having a 3G
25 modem is almost standard these days. I would suggest just using the
26 same chip 'everyone' else is using, which is the msm7200a, but it's
27 not very open in spite of the good linux driver support and being
28 packed with so many goodies on the inside. Aside from that, there's
29 good ol' omap, but TI got rid of all of the baseband silicon from
30 their chips a while ago.
31
32 C