From: Sergey Mironov <ierton@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] ebuild deps and cross-compiling
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 12:03:04
1 Hello.
2 I am maintaining small arm tree built with gentoo crosstools. My
3 rootfs is based on busybox, which has implementation of udev (called
4 mdev). My questions are about bad things i found while working with
5 it.
6
7 Recently i have to compile sys-devel/libtool to get libltdl - one of
8 its runtime libs. The ebuild has following deps:
9
10 RDEPEND="sys-devel/gnuconfig
11 >=sys-devel/autoconf-2.60
12 >=sys-devel/automake-1.10.1"
13 DEPEND="${RDEPEND}
14 || ( app-arch/xz-utils app-arch/lzma-utils )
15 sys-apps/help2man"
16
17 I think that auto* tools are not required on target system for ltdl to
18 work. More, those auto-tools implicitly require bash which is not
19 installed in system.
20
21 I solved the problem by fixing the ebuild in local overlay but it is
22 just workaround. Should i register a libtool bug? Maybe (just guess)
23 one should split libtool into 'runtime' and 'buildtime' packets?
24
25 Here is another issue:
26 Lets look at dev-libs/openct ebuild.
27
28 RDEPEND="pcsc-lite? ( sys-apps/pcsc-lite )
29 usb? ( virtual/libusb:0 )
30 >=sys-fs/udev-096"
31
32 My system doesn't have udev. It has mdev from busybox. Openct docs
33 says that mdev is ok, so should i register an ebuild-bug and suggest
34 something like 'udev useflag'? There are util-linux dependencies,
35 which are also incompatible with busybox. I am in doubt.
36
37 Will be glad to hear your opinion.
40 Thanks,
41 Sergey