From: Tommy B <gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] GNAP Ram Disk Space
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 22:46:26
1 Thierry Carrez wrote:
2
3 >Tommy B wrote:
7 >>I tried runnng GNAP 1.5 without much luck :(. I was wondering if you could
8 >>help me out with a command for 1.5 (the examples are for 1.3 and it
9 >>appears stuff has changes some).
13 >The examples are for 1.5 (versions 1.3 and 1.4 were skipped). They
14 >should work... What are you trying to do ? What do you type ? What is
15 >the result/error you get ? Note that you can view the man pages for more
16 >info.
20 First off, thanks for the quick reply.
21
22 Ok, I was trying the follow the example at
23 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/embedded/gnap-userguide.xml
24
25 I've pulled the 1.5 tarballs from
26 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/embedded/gnap.xml
27
28 The 1.5 and 1.2.1 and earlier are listed on the above link, however there
29 is no reference to 1.3. :(
30
31 Therefore, it makes trying to run the example command a little difficult
32
33 ./gnap_overlay -i myfirewall.iso -g gnap-core-1.3.tar -o overlays/myfirewall
34
35 which references the 1.3 tarball which is not on the above links. I
36 tried adapting
37 to some stuff in 1.5, but it didn't work. We should probably start with
38 making
39 the 1.3 tarball available, or modifiying the example to use files in or
40 1.5 tarball.
41
42 I know you've been working to make this happen. I hope I'm not
43 bothering you
44 too much.
45
46 >>Also, if you need a tester for the ebuilds I'll be happy to try. I've got a
47 >>soekris 4501 I'd like to test the resulting images on.
51 >I'll let you know when they are out. I wasn't able to test 1.5 on
52 >soekris as I currently don't own one, so your tests should be
53 >interesting to doublecheck everything is ok on this side.
56 nod.
57 --
58 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list