From: eric gisse <jowr.pi@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] docker updates
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 02:58:42
1 Let's turn this around.
2
3 What is the business case for containerization when security is so
4 loose and ill-defined right now?
5
6 On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 7:20 PM, Alex Efros <powerman@××××××××.name> wrote:
7 > Hi!
8 >
9 > On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 11:35:34AM +0100, F. Alonso wrote:
10 >> I agree with containers do not improve security.
11 >
12 > I agree too, but my original question was about how to avoid LOWERING
13 > security if we move ours apps/services into containers.
14 >
15 > I didn't expect containers to really increase security (but some extra
16 > isolation and resource management doesn't harm, and extra cost of running
17 > docker daemon looks like acceptable trade-off for LXC ease to use).
18 >
19 > --
20 > WBR, Alex.