From: John Walsh <high@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-installer] Gentoo installer vs current installation method, what about later?
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 17:59:25
Hello all,

I just need some enlightenment, is the gentoo installer going to REPLACE the current methode or is it going to
be an aleternative, like choosing in between expert/manual (the current method) and easy (the gentoo installer).
The reason I ask this is because I like the current install method via the livecd and I use that livecd A LOT when
I have to solve some problems on a linux (and even window$) partition. I wouldn't not want to be able to still use
the livecd as it is currently usable, because I think it is the best livecd out there. If it is going to completely
replace the current livecd installation method then is there going to someone at Gentoo to keep up the livecd
tradition?

Thank you,
Gabriel