From: Alon Bar-Lev <alon.barlev@×××××.com>
To: Vlastimil Babka <caster@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] generation-2 java eclass
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 05:05:54
1 On 9/21/06, Vlastimil Babka <caster@g.o> wrote:
2 > Vlastimil Babka wrote:
3 > > >> Must be a typo. As a result, java env is probably not set properly
4 > > >> inside ebuild's pkg_setup() (for ebuilds that define it). But since
5 > > >> there are correct hooks for other phases (especially src_compile)
6 > > >> it didn't cause any harm so far.
7 > > >
8 > > > Should I open a bug for it, or you can fix it?
9 > >
10 > > I can fix it but I just found out that portage seems to ignore
11 > > pre_pkg_setup() hook anyway. Will need to talk to portage people if
12 > > that's feature or bug.
13 >
14 > Sorry, was wrong on this one. Hook works correctly. I've now fixed the
15 > typo in eclass.
16
17 Thanks.
18
19 Looking at bug#146647, why did you remove the java from the IUSE? I
20 don't think it is a clean to require programmer to define the
21 JAVA_PKG_OPT_USE before the inherit... Or you need to add a BIG FAT
22 WARNING at the eclass documentation/description.
23
24 And shouldn't the package append the USE fag (IUSE="${IUSE}
25 ${JAVA_PKG_OPT_USE}") instead of replacing it?
26
27 And in order to solve the conflict that may introduce when several
28 eclasses overwrite the pre* functions, shouldn't you EXPORT_FUNCTIONS
29 them?
30
31 Best Regards,
32 Alon Bar-Lev.