From: Wiktor Wandachowicz <siryes@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] Greetings from a new volunteer
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 09:57:23
1 > If you plan to get very involved with the project, I recommend joining
2 > the channel. Most of the team spends at least some time in the channel
3 > (some more than others ;) ). I've found it to be the most expedient form
4 > of communication for what we do. At the very least, I suggest joining
5 > the channel when you are working on Java stuff or reading through our
6 > documentation.
7
8 He's right. And it's quite easy to do so. Just install irssi and you are set:
9
10 # emerge -av irssi
11 $ irssi -n YourNickHere -c irc.freenode.net
12 ( wait for connection and then )
13 /join gentoo-java
14 ( read / talk / etc )
15 /quit
16
17 That's the minimal amount of knowledge to get you going.
18
19 Hope that helps.
20 Wiktor
23 Registered Linux user #390131 (http://counter.li.org)