From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mips] Please test SGI mips stages
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 16:01:27
On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 3:32 AM, Manuel Lauss
<manuel.lauss@××××××××××.com> wrote:
> Hi Matt, > > On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 7:03 AM, Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o> wrote: >> If you'd like to help offset the cost of electricity used to create >> these and future stages, please send me a private email. :) > > First of all, thanks for fixing Gentoo on MIPS > > What kind of machines are you looking for?  I suspect you're aiming for > the bigger 64bit machines (SiByte, SGI) ? > I'd like to help and I routinely (re)build Gentoo on little-endian MIPS32 > machines (o32 ABI); but I don't have any 64bit machines.
Great. Thanks :) I plan to build mips32 stages, but I don't really know much about this type of hardware. As you guessed, I'm more interested in 64-bit systems. Are there big-endian mips32 systems worth supporting? My little-endian userland seems to be dead and I've been building these big endian stages, so I haven't had time to revive it yet. If you would, please join the #gentoo-mips IRC channel. :) Matt