From: "Brath
To: "'gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o'" <gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-mirrors] Configuration Request
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 16:34:36
I know this is a bit off topic, but I'm trying to tune my mirrors server to
perform as fast as possible.

I'm looking at a new hardware purchase to add more capacity, but it's
difficult to know if the new hardware is enough.
The general config is a HP DL380 2x3.4Ghz processors, 4G ram, Dual Raid
Controllers (SmartArray 6404) with 256M/each, and 2x14 drive HP Drive Arrays
(HP MSA 30 JBOD) with 73G drives at 15Krpm. GigE.

Are any sites willing to share their "Config" I'm interested in the hardware
setup, as well as the OS/Filesystem/Layout/Raid, type of thing.

Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance.

mirrors@×××.net -- gentoo-mirrors@g.o mailing list