From: Rob Baxter <burn@××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mirrors] Configuration Request
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 21:05:56
OS: gentoo of course. 2.6 kernel (gentoo-dev-sources)
Filesystem: reiserfs. in my experience, ext3 may be the norm, but it is damned slow.
I highly recommend vsftpd if you're running an ftp mirror, it's very secure >:]
Besides the obvious, it is also extremely fast and can take a beating.

There are a few handy config files here:
http://criticaldamage.com/forum/ - Linux/Config Share
the most useful for you would probably be the rsync server run from a ramdrive, which is so much
faster than disk it's not funny and the the vsftpd config if you choose to use it.

If you're looking for anything more specific, let me know off list.

Rob