From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Re-iterate: June 2018 Bylaw updates
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2018 00:38:29
1 On Wed, Sep 26, 2018 at 7:34 PM Raymond Jennings <shentino@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > I should clarify, I was referring to why the prohibition was removed
4 > in mgorny's proposed revision as noted in the diff.
7 The rationale is *in* the email.
8
9 -A
12 > On Wed, Sep 26, 2018 at 2:15 PM Alec Warner <antarus@g.o> wrote:
13 > >
14 > > On Wed, Sep 26, 2018 at 4:32 PM Raymond Jennings <shentino@×××××.com>
15 > wrote:
16 > >>
17 > >> I'd like to ask for the record why the prohibition was removed
18 > >> regarding concurrent
19 > >> membership as a trustee and on the gentoo council.
22 > > I'm not sure I follow. Currently it *is* prohibited to be a council
23 > member and a trustee. The amendments Michał mentioned are *proposed*
24 > amendments (from June). The idea being we would wait for a new board to
25 > vote on them (e.g. now). That being said, I intend to vote to abolish the
26 > prohibition you mention, but the rationale is right in the proposal
27 > (because the board needs more prospective members and excluding the council
28 > members harms that mission.)
29 > >
30 > > -A
33 > >>