From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Gentoo Trademark License (name/logo usage)
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 14:25:55
1 On 2013.12.21 11:08, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
2 > On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 12:31:40PM +0100, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
3 > > Some thoughts:
4 [snip]
7 > > So I wonder if that covers logo usage by the German Gentoo e.V.
8 > [3]?
9 [snip]
10
11 > Anyway, thanks a lot for the feedback, much appreciated (really).
12 >
13 > Wkr,
14 > Sven Vermeulen
18 The German Gentoo e.V. registration of the Gentoo Logo, predates the
19 formation of the Foundation, which was assigned the Gentoo Logo by
20 Gentoo Technologies Inc.
21
22 The Gentoo e.V. registration covers the EU and regions where the EU has
23 agreements. The Foundation registration covers the USA and regions
24 where the USA has agreements. I expect there is a lot of overlap
25 there. Conversely there will be regions where neither logo registration
26 applies.
27
28 As long as the Foundation and the e.V. are working for the good of
29 Gentoo, I don't see any issues.
32 Regards,
33
34 Roy Bamford