From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] Moving PMS hosting
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 05:58:03
> As previously discussed,
Where did such a discussion take place? I'm not aware of any. (Or do you mean the one back in April, buried in the tread "Patches for your reviewing pleasure"? Its outcome was different.)
> I've created a Github repo which you can find at:
You shouldn't take such hasty and single-handed decisions. That you got your bugzilla access suspended has nothing to do with the PMS project. The question is really what we want PMS to be. If it should be the authoritative document describing package manager behaviour and repo layout, then there's no alternative to hosting on Gentoo infra. If you want it to decline to a "man page" (read the log of the last council meeting), then go ahead and move it to Github. So please reconsider.
> Any volunteers to update the project page and ebuilds? I'll ask > infra to remove the hosting on overlays.g.o once those're done to > avoid confusion.
If such a thing took place, it would be enough reason for me to resign from the PMS project. Ulrich