From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: Nathaniel McCallum <npmccallum@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-ppc-dev@l.g.o, gentoo-sparc@l.g.o, gentoo-alpha@l.g.o, gentoo-mips@l.g.o, gentoo-amd64@l.g.o, gentoo-hppa@l.g.o, gentoo-ia64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-dev] Gentoo Installer partitioning arch support
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 00:58:01
Nathaniel McCallum wrote:
> Sorry to cross post like this, but this is the best way to reach > everyone. We at the GentooInstaller project are beginning work on our > partitioning section, one of the arch dependant aspects of the > installation. I need to know if sfdisk will work as a scriptable > replacement for fdisk on all the various arches. If you aren't sure, > could you test it, and get back to me? Thanks! > > Nathaniel McCallum
you can't use sfdisk on ppc,could we use parted for everybody? It has/should have support for every diskslice/partition format we use and should allow us to repartition dinamically on x86. Comments? lu -- Luca Barbato Developer Gentoo Linux http://www.gentoo.org/~lu_zero -- gentoo-ppc-dev@g.o mailing list