From: Charles Trois <charles.trois@×××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Linux installed from 2005.1 disk does not start
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 16:52:56
Joseph Jezak a écrit :
> > If Mackael's suggestion doesn't help, let's try with nvidiafb and a > newer kernel:
It did not help, causing a kernel panic that I couldn't resolve.
> > Give 2.6.14 a try (there are some release canidates for vanilla > sources), apply this patch: > > http://ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc-dev/2005-October/019957.html > > and then try nvidiafb. >
I have downloaded linux-2.6.14-rc3, but was unable to apply the patch: I put it within /linux and wrote patch --verbose -p1 < Patch_nvidiafb Is that not correct? It failed on 5 hunks out of 5. Nevertheless, I tried to compile the kernel using rivafb, but I got this error: init/built-in.c .tmp_vmlinux1 localsymbol 0 (or 1 or 2 or 3):discarded in section `.exit.data`from\ drivers/built-in.c [.tmp_vmlinux1] Error 1 I don't see to what item in menuconfig this could be related. There are no such files as init/built-in or drivers/built-in. Could you please enlighten me? Charles -- gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list