From: kahl@××××××××××××.ca
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] X on an older PPC-based Mac Mini?
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 18:21:17
I have gentoo running on two PowerMac G5s,
and have xorg-server-1.5 now mostly working.
I have two monitors on each machine --- if you have only one,
your xorg.conf could be much simpler (perhaps even removed?).
After figuring things out, I must admit that the dual-monitor set-up
using xrandr got much easier --- I never had time to get the
second monitor here connected (it is different from home),
and with the new scheme, I just transferred the essentials of the setup
from home and it worked.

I attach file for the machine I am at right now;
I believe the two remaining ``InputDevice'' lines in ``ServerLayout''
should really be removed, too.

The ``Virtual'' is only needed for xrandr (i.e., multiple monotors, or if
you want to rotate your single monitor).

Wolfram

xorg.conf application/octet-stream