From: Randy Barlow <randy@×××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] hda/hdc
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 16:38:17
On Mon, 2007-01-15 at 11:03 +0100, Michael Hanselmann wrote:
> Yes, netconsole as described in Documentation/networking/netconsole.txt.
OK - now I'm really baffled - I've tried again but this time I used genkernel. However, even the genkerneled kernel can't seem to detect my hard drive! This time I was allowed to drop to a shell and the only hd* was hda, my cdrom. The thing that's killing me is that the gentoo boot cd is obviously able to do it, and I even copied the config from that cd over as per the genkernel instructions, still to no avail. Nathan, you mentioned having just installed on a blue&white - I assume that these machines are enough similar that the config that you used should be good enough to work for me too - do you think you could send me your .config off list so I can try that out? Randy Barlow http://www.electronsweatshop.com The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been found. -- Calvin Trillin -- gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list