From: Michael Hanselmann <hansmi@g.o>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] hda/hdc
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 17:59:16
Hello Randy

On Mon, Jan 15, 2007 at 11:37:25AM -0500, Randy Barlow wrote:
> OK - now I'm really baffled - I've tried again but this time I used > genkernel. However, even the genkerneled kernel can't seem to detect my > hard drive! This time I was allowed to drop to a shell and the only hd* > was hda, my cdrom.
Can you please post the kernel output, which you gather using netconsole, on an http server? I guess your kernel is missing some option, but I'm not sure which. Did you only check /dev/hd* or also what dmesg said?
You copied the actually running config from /proc/config.gz? Greets, Michael -- Gentoo Linux developer, http://hansmi.ch/, http://forkbomb.ch/