From: Nicolas Vollmar <nv1@×××.ch>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Cc: Stefan Bruda <bruda@×××××××××××.ca>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] ALSA is very quiet
Date: Sat, 08 May 2004 16:27:07
1 > This being said, xmms, xine, and the like work fine. What do you
2 > exactly mean by playing sound? From what application? Did you unmute
3 > the sound card first (by using, e.g., alsamixer from the
4 > media-sound/alsa-utils package)? I had to do this on my system before
5 > hearing anything at all.
6
7 I mean playing sound with xmms (or Naotun etc) or KDE (Startup Sound etc).
8 I followed the ALSA Configuration Guide. I set all to the maximum at alsamixer
9 and with the fn key's of my ibook, but i hear while playing the sound only
10 with a very low volume.
14 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list