From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2014-04-08
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 02:33:17
1 On Sat, Mar 29, 2014 at 10:20 PM, William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Sat, Mar 29, 2014 at 09:35:32PM -0400, Rich Freeman wrote:
3 >> On Sat, Mar 29, 2014 at 8:37 PM, William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
4 >> > Some how we need to focus on getting people to respect each other and
5 >> > the policies we already have, and quite frankly, if they won't do that,
6 >> > removing them from the community.
7 >>
8 >> Alas, we cannot afford to drive people away any more than we can
9 >> afford to let them drive others away...
10 >
11 > I agree, I'm just not sure how to make that happen. I don't think though
12 > that the answer is more policies/red tape.
13
14 And neither is ignoring the problem.
15
16 I was just venting my frustration, as are many others. I think that
17 this is just a really great idea that suffered because of how it was
18 implemented, and all the subsequent reactions and counter-reactions.
19 We need to move on, and I think all of us can learn something from
20 what happened.
21
22 I think your posts were right-on.
23