From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2014-04-08
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 02:20:42
1 On Sat, Mar 29, 2014 at 09:35:32PM -0400, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Sat, Mar 29, 2014 at 8:37 PM, William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
3 > > Some how we need to focus on getting people to respect each other and
4 > > the policies we already have, and quite frankly, if they won't do that,
5 > > removing them from the community.
6 >
7 > Alas, we cannot afford to drive people away any more than we can
8 > afford to let them drive others away...
9 >
10 > I really wish that devs would get over their differences and just talk
11 > about their ideas. You don't need anybody's "permission" to do many
12 > things around here. That doesn't mean that it isn't nice (and more
13 > importantly wise) to at least ask for some feedback before striking
14 > off on your own.
15 >
16 > The only clean solution is for all of us to grow up a little more...
17
18 Rich and all,
19
20 I appologise if I came off harsh in my last email; that really wasn't the
21 point. It was just frustration coming through.
22
23 Rich,
24
25 I agree, I'm just not sure how to make that happen. I don't think though
26 that the answer is more policies/red tape.
27
28 William