From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2013-04-09
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2013 10:13:55
1 On 7 April 2013 08:27, Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Sat, 6 Apr 2013 20:05:11 -0600
3 > Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o> wrote:
4 >> In short:
5 >> Toolchain packages, for better or worse, are built by eclass. We are
6 >> not forward-porting toolchain.eclass every time someone decides there
7 >> are too many EAPIs in the tree. Every change to that eclass breaks
8 >> something (the trick is to break things people don't care about any
9 >> more and hope no one notices). I don't know the ins and outs of
10 >> glibc's eblits but I doubt they would be simple to port either. I
11 >> also don't know much about toolchain-binutils.eclass, but it seems
12 >> like it would be doable.
13 >
14 > Sounds like a good opportunity to replace toolchain.eclass with
15 > something clean and understandable.
16 >
17 > --
18 > Ciaran McCreesh
19
20 I see no reason to break something that works just fine as it is.
23 Regards,
24 Markos Chandras - Gentoo Linux Developer
25 http://dev.gentoo.org/~hwoarang