From: Peter Weber <peterle@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Call for feature requests for 2008.0 - Universal-CD
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 21:45:22
> The LiveDVD includes stages and a snapshot.
Interesting and good, but the LiveDVD is, let us say the truth - overkill. A other good solution would be merging Universal and Minimal-CD togehter, so we offer only a smaller Universal-CD (about 200-400 MB) and a complete LiveCD (about 700 MB).
> * Support for network/networkless-installation on one release-media
> The LiveCD does this.
No. Only the Installer does this! This is not possible via shell, because the users have no access to the voodoo-scripts.
times from the LiveCD. Why nobody removes Gnome, Open-Office from the LiveCD and replace it by a true Stage3? It would be also nice, not be forced always switch of the automatic start of the howl X11-Crap. Default could be the plain shell, as ever, and a message who says the user he could type "installer" (for ncurses-installer) and "gui-installer" (for X11 with Installer). Gentoo is about choices ;-) Best Wishes Peter On Mon, 2008-02-04 at 15:28 -0600, Andrew Gaffney wrote: