From: Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Stable Portage tree
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 18:02:19
1 Eduardo Tongson wrote:
2 >>>Well, the problem right now is what kind of a route do we want to take?
3 >>>For example, if Gentoo wanted to try and maintain an enterprise ready
4 >>>solution to the stable tree issue, I don't think we could do it. On the
5 >>>other hand, if we wanted to establish a few tools/solutions that provide
6 >>>some enterprise ready functionality, I think we may be able to do that.
7 >>
8 >>Unfortunately I think you're right. While I would like to contribute to the
9 >>maintainance of a stable Portage tree, it is definately beyond what a handful
10 >>of devs can accomplish in the long run.
11 >>
12 >>New docs on the other hand should be a better priority to start out with.
15 >>>Anyways, I'd love to hear your feedback and opinions!
16 >>
17 >>And I'd love to help with the docs:-)
20 > Good to see it's gaining momentum again. Volunteers can probably help
21 > in some way if devs let them know what specifically needs helping.
22
23 I looked around a bit and saw we have a sysadmin page [1] talking about
24 various sysadmin type things. At this point I'm wanting to ask you as
25 fellow gentoo server admins, what do *you* want to see on the main
26 Gentoo server site? What is missing now that we need to fill in the
27 gaps? Any specific documentation we should cover? What goals/projects
28 should we look at developing? Do any of you already have some tools
29 developed that maybe we could host/help with?
30
31 [1] http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/index.xml?catid=sysadmin
34 Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
35 Gentoo Infrastructure | Operations Manager
36
37 ---
38 GPG Public Key: <http://www.ramereth.net/lance.asc>
39 Key fingerprint: 0423 92F3 544A 1282 5AB1 4D07 416F A15D 27F4 B742
40
41 ramereth/irc.freenode.net