From: "Ian P. Christian" <pookey@×××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Cc: Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Stable Portage tree
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 18:21:38
1 On Thursday 22 September 2005 18:57, Lance Albertson wrote:
2 > I looked around a bit and saw we have a sysadmin page [1] talking about
3 > various sysadmin type things. At this point I'm wanting to ask you as
4 > fellow gentoo server admins, what do *you* want to see on the main
5 > Gentoo server site? What is missing now that we need to fill in the
6 > gaps? Any specific documentation we should cover? What goals/projects
7 > should we look at developing? Do any of you already have some tools
8 > developed that maybe we could host/help with?
9
10 I would love to see more work done in this area. I would love to see more
11 documentation on running more then one machine. I run lots of gentoo
12 servers, and maintaining them is so much work. Docuemntation on setting up a
13 central compile server, a package distribution system, how to pull reports
14 off what needs updating on what servers from a central place, this kind of
15 thing - that would be amazingly useful. I think more and more people are
16 starting to consider gentoo for servers, which is fantastic, and effort in
17 this area will only increase the number of users.
18
19 Kind Regards,
22 Ian P. Christian ~ http://pookey.co.uk